Mar 2, 2011

NARS blushes revisited! #2 - Gilda




this series is just for better pics&swatches. my opinion about the blushes stays the same, take a look at older posts.

NARS blushes contain 4.5 - 4.8g each for the powder blushes, and 5.5g each for the cream blushes.
they cost 29€/19,5£/26$.

Gilda is a matte coral. it has a fine silky texture and is very pigmented but blendable. with a tiny amount you get a natural summery pinky-coral flush. i like it very much, it make the skin on my cheeks look very even and smooth and gives me a fresh colour i especially appreciate in spring/summer days. as this is matte, you can use a highlighter if you want a bit more shine and shimmer, but i prefer the satiny finish it gives my skin on its own. the colour is very long-lasting, applying it 6 am in the morning, 12 hours later it's still vibrant on my cheeks, with a beautiful glow by melting into the foundation/natural skin oils.

NARS Gilda in the shadow
NARS Gilda in natural light: swatched heavily + blended out
NARS Gilda in direct sunlight
NARS Gilda in direct sunlight: swatched heavily + blended out

this is how it looks worn. please bear with my exhausted look, but i have to do my make-up shots post work ;)


of course i compared it to other (matte) peaches/corals.

top row: NARS Gina - NARS Gilda - NARS Amour
bottom row: Kryolan TC2 - MAC Melba - MAC Hipness

in natural light: Kryolan TC2 - NARS Gina - MAC Melba - NARS Gilda - NARS Amour - MAC Hipness
in artificial light: Kryolan TC2 - NARS Gina - MAC Melba - NARS Gilda - NARS Amour - MAC Hipness



7 comments:

  1. Hallo =)
    Puuh erster Kommentar hier auf deinem Blog hier auf deinem Blog, mag ihn wirklich sehr gern!
    Ich möchte gerne wissen ob du Gilda als schönes helles Pfirsisch empfindest? Hatte immer gehört dass er "peachy peachy" ist, du sagst jedoch Koralle. Oder denkst du Sex Appeal wär dann eher das was ich suche? Bin jetzt im Winter doch ziemlich hell, so Mac NC15, und suche nach einem reinen, vielleicht pastelligen Pfirsisch das auch auf den Wangen danach aussieht..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vanessa!
    ich freu mich dass du kommentierst :) und dir mein blog gefällt.
    gilda würde ich nicht als peach bezeichnen. auch ausgeblendet hat er dafür einen zu hohen rotanteil. auf den vergleichsswatches siehst du, dass eher Gina (wenn es von nars sein sollte) peach ist. aber ein orange-peach und kein pastell peach. wenn es mehr pastellig sein soll, wäre von nars noch sex appeal zu nennen, der bei deiner hellen haut sicher super aussehen würde. ansonsten finde ich den (auch auf dem vergleichsfoto geswatchten) blush von kryolan sehr schön, wenn es mehr weiß-anteil beinhalten soll. solche pastell-farben finde ich super für den frühling, für den sommer greife ich lieber auf reinere töne wie gina und gilda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! I love NARS blushes. I have 4 so far. Def want to try Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! what blushes do you have? i def. want to try luster, but sex appeal, douceur and torrid also don't want to leave my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Taj Mahal, Taos, Deep Throat and Albatross (more of a highlight though). Need to add Gina to that little collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gilda is my first NARS blush...sadly I don't reach for it that often.
    it's very silky and pigmented, and on me it's just too bright.
    I blend it so much and apply with a light hand, but still. A bit clownish on me. And wearing this matte blush alone makes my face lack the glow. I Have to pair it with a highlighter!

    U blend it very well in the pic, so i might have to return home and blend blend blend again to see if i can achieve that result!


    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gilda is one of my most favourites by nars! it's so finely milled and just looks very natural on me. i think the matte texture of this is awesome - creamy and not dry at all and it makes my skin appear more refined. i hope you can make this work better for you! it's a lovely summer blush. i have oily skin, so i can go without extra highlighter and just wait for my skin to get glowy with the time ;) have you tried my brush -> blush pan -> cosmetic tissue -> cheeks method? i use it for every pigmented blush now because it's so fool-proof! (i wrote something about it in my "beauty is life blushes" post)

      Delete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...