Nov 26, 2011

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow #1- Blast of Blue.


hello everyone :) i'm such a bad blogger lately, didn't upload one post in a whole week what's quite a gap on here! no excuses, just didn't felt the blogging-mojo touching me.
still, i was diligent and shot few GB's of photos for upcoming posts (holy lord, there are over 90 products and posts i still need to feature!).

so let's start with one recent purchase: the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow in #1 - Blast of Blue. man, i wanted this thing since forever and a year! this particular shade wasn't available in germany when GA launched this line of eyeshadows and i bought it on ebay about a year ago, overpriced at 50$ (with shipping) as i wanted it really badly. i waited for months but it didn't arrived. it got lost in the mail, i couldn't get my money back and just wanted to forget about it in bitterness.
then douglas.de started to list it as "soon available" and i got hooked again. the moment it came in stock, i ordered it.
well, it normally costs 29.95€ and you can't use 5€-off-coupons with it which are 30€+, but if you add something really really tiny, like a Artdeco spatula for .75¢, you can still get a bigger discount than just using a 10%-off-code (just an FYI for fellow german douglas.de-shoppers ;) ). but with that ~26€ i paid for this little sucker plus my lost 50$, it makes this my most expensive single eyeshadow until now at almost 65€ -.-, then it has to be good, right?
#1 Blast of Blue is just one more shade in my little collection of GA ETK eyeshadows (see reviews for #3 here, #4 here, #6 here, #9 here and #2 is coming soon ;) ), i knew what i was expecting and i only thought the best of these.
the ETK Silk Eyeshadows are of this semi-pressed, crumbly looking kind that feel so fine to touch that it's almost creamy. it comes in a nice little glass pot with a plastic insert to protect the product.
#1 is a mix of royal blue and cool toned gold pigment crumbles, it mixes together to a blueish silver colour with complex glimmer and sparkles. the gold is quite dominant and so the final colour is less blue than i expected. it's not that dark, and if you are a fan of metallic, shiny and shimmery eyeshadows (like me), you can surely pull it off in daytime looks.
it has the same superfine metallic texture like the other shades i've tried, applies with medium pigmentation and blends out nicely without fall outs. the one thing i love the most with these ETK eyeshadows is their absolutely fabulous staying power on my oily lids, even without a primer they last on me as long as i want to without creasing or fading.
i like to use this shade on it's own when i'm in the mood for a tiny bit of colour and combined with black shadow (like Myrifique from Chanel or Giorgio Armani ETK Eyeshadow #2) when i want super-drama. sadly the complex glimmers are hard to capture, so you only get a hint of it on my photos.


in flashlight
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow in #1 swatched in sunlight (1+2) and with flash (3+4)



tihilw


just applied the GA ETK eyeshadow in #1 all over the lid and the lower lashline and added black liquid liner.

in flashlight:




comparison

GA ETK Eyeshadows #3 - #1 - #4
GA ETK Eyeshadows #3 - #1 - #4 in late sunlight
GA ETK Eyeshadows #3 - #1 - #4 in flashlight

i thought they'd be more similar, but actually they're quite different! #3 is definitely more purple and compared to #4 which looks like a true silver on mauve base, #1 is quite golden.



9 comments:

  1. blast of blue looks so amazing in the pot... but I don't think I could pull it off on my eyes... still looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #3. I've never tried GA, but I've been reading and viewing swatches on these eyeshadows a lot lately and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and buy one or two. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolle Nuance, ich mag die Eyes to Kill e/s sehr gerne. Gold-Silver aus der neuen Kollektion ist auch wunderschön und ausgefallen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On me it's really much more blue, in fact I prefer it on you as it is such a gorgeous golden shade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, before I started really paying attention to makeup I would have said the swatches were identical. But you're right - they are completely different. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like the Armani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What brush do you use to apply these? I have several and usually just use my finger but would love a brush alternative for more impact.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...