i'm not a nail art fan at all - but this mani is much tooo cute to pass up on it, huh?
lovely little owls that look extra whacky and funny thanks to my non-existent nail art skills hehe.
my niece came over to visit us yesterday and when she saw a tab i still had open on my browser, we both decided that it's so cute and funny that i had to do it on her nails - why having so many nail polish colours if not to do something so funny from time to time? the result was so lovely, perfectly cute and adequate for a young teen like her. of course photos needed to be taken for her facebook, so i also have something to showcase on here ;)
here you can see the brilliant inspiration that i recently found: Let them have Polish!
it's quite easy and so worth a try! of course the larger and longer the nail, the more space for your work, and my niece had pretty tiny nails, but it worked really fine.
this is what i used:
- different nail polish pairs, a bright for the owl's body and a light for it's belly.
- orange polish for the little beak
- yellow polish for its eyeballs
- black polish for its pupils
- toothpicks for the fine work
- little self adhesive strengtheners for paper holes to get the top curve more easily (can be found at office supply stores, i incidentally had them at home)
- clear top coat
more result pics: