May 3, 2011

Cargo Blush in Cannes




witness my blush obsession, friends ;) here is Cargo Cannes, next in row from my beautybay.com order. it contains 8.9g and costs 15£/17.60€.
it comes in a silver tin with Cargo stamped on the lid as usual.
Cannes is a matte peachy orange, the most orange blush in my collection. when i swatched it, i was afraid that it wouldn't work on me, but luckily it's less orangey on my cheeks but looks like a true peach on me, while other peach blushes turn coral or pink on my skin. it gives me a bright fresh appearance, almost radiant. it's quite pigmented but silky and finely milled, so it applies and blends evenly. i find this matte texture almost as good as from my matte NARS blushes, but NARS still has a bit more of a light transparency when blended i think.
it lasts all day without becoming reddish or fade. as the day goes and my skin oils break through, it looks even better, like a fine peachy stain combined with "natural glow" ;)

Cargo Cannes in sunlight: swatched heavily & blended out.
Cargo Cannes in sunlight: swatched heavily & blended out.

this is how it looks on me:


comparison
Cargo Cannes - Kryolan TC2 - NARS Gina
Cargo Cannes - Kryolan TC2 - NARS Gina
as you can see the other matte orange-peachy blushes contain more red pigment parts.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, the colour is absolutely beautyful!
    I think asians should always wear golden or brown blushes, it suits them so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried MAC Peaches? I'd be interested to see how it compares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ari: hi ari, i'm not an expert, but i heard that most asians would suit blue toned pinks. for my part i wear whatever i like, if it doesn't look too weird in combination with the rest of my make up. ;)

    @sophia: no i haven't, since i have gina and gilda by nars, melba by mac and now cannes from cargo, i don't think i'll need more matte peach blushes. yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...