May 31, 2011

Becca Halcyon Days: Nail Polish in Tangerine Dreams


the other nail polish shade (next to Summerdaze) i bought from the Becca Halcyon Days collection is called Tangerine Dreams. this is the first time Becca does nail products, and i find they're doing it really well!
their polishes have rubberized tops and a wide flat brush. Tangerine Dreams has a liquidy texture and applies very evenly, better than Summerdaze. it dries quickly to a glossy finish and smells much less offensive than other polishes i own. it's free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Camphor and DBP.
this shade is a cream peachy coral and is a great bright summer nail polish but still very wearable thanks to its sheer and light appearance. it's opaque in 2 thin coats, but it's already very even in one coat so you could surely wear it sheer like that.
it looks great on tanned skin and warm skin tones. this is the perfect colour for everyone who wants to try out THE colour of this summer *orange* but doesn't go too bright. also, a real yellowy orange doesn't look good on many skin tones and pale skins, but this shade is very flattering because it's more of a coral with orange hues.
it lasts over 2 days on me without chipping and tipwear, but i had to remove it then so i can't say more about longevity.
it contains 14ml and costs 12£/14.40€. i ordered it on zuneta.com.




comparison
click to enlarge so you can see the swatches better ;)
MNY 009A - Becca Tangerine Dreams - Essence What Do You Think? - Catrice I Scream Peach

8 comments:

  1. This is on my fingers as I type! I love how happy I feel, when I look down at my nails and spot their cheerfulness. I was impressed with the application of this polish too and look forward to more Becca polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've read your post on that! it looks great with your skin, i find becca did a fantastic job with these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love it.

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color! I must try these polishes out immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely have my attention! It looks beautiful! Do you know if it is similar to OPI Cajun Shrimp?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all!

    @lauraJeam396: unfortunately i don't know of OPI Cajun Shrimp, so i can't say...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! After waiting while several of you pioneered the way, I can now see this is not a straight-up orange, so I added it to my recent Zuneta order, which is on its way to me now.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...