today i played around with my make up a bit and came up with a striking makeup that would be perfect for a New Year's Eve party. quite bold, but still very wearable and not too flashy/spacy. i don't know yet if this will be the final version since i never really plan a makeup look, but it's a nice attempt!
for the face:
foundation: for a party in this special night, i think a longlasting foundation would be great. i used a mix of Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation in #02 Beige Clair (1) and Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle Foundation in Almond Milk Parfait (2) and applied with Le Métier de Beauté Blush Brush(A)
concealer: Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #2 (3) and Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer in #3 (4), both dabbed in with the fingers.
powder: of course i still wanted a glowy complexion, so i used the Guerlain Méteorites Perles de Nuit (5) from this year's holiday collection applied with A'Squirrel Pure Squirrel Powder Brush (B)
contour: i used NARS Multiple Bronzer in Cap Vert (6) and applied with MAC 109 (C) brush, apply a bit more intense and also contour the nose since this night most probably flash photographs will be taken.
blush: with a bold eye makeup and lips, i wanted a warm and subtle look on the cheeks and chose NARS Madly (7) as a base colour and dabbed only a tiny bit of NARS Desire (8) onto the apples of the cheeks. i used the RMK Cheek Brush (D)
highlight: a bit of MAC Beauty Powder in Too Chic (9) applied with Hakuhodo G5537BkSL (E)
for the eyes:
brows: again, i went a bit darker than normal since brows tend to wash out immensely in flash photography. i applied MAC Copperplate Eyeshadow (1) with Louise Young Brow Brush LY30 (3) as a base shape and used the K-Palette 1-Day-Tattoo Liquid Brow Pen (2) to draw in fine lines for more structure.
eye makeup: quite dramatic, quite sparkly!
- i applied MAC Vex Eyeshadow (4) to the inner corners with a Sigma SS252 (7) brush.
- then, with a MAC 242 (8), apply a intense oval shape of MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow (5) onto the center of the lids and trace it on the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline.
- again with MAC 242 brush, apply Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in #85 Myrifique (6) onto the outer V, elongate to a cat eye wing on the outside. trace a bit on the most outer corner along the lower lashline and also along the upper lashline, starting in the center.
- blend the outer edges slightly, i used Sigma SS217 brush (9).
- then i dabbed a tiny amount of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy (10) onto my inner corners and pressed on some holographic glitter (11) using a flat shader brush (MakeUpShow Medium Shader H06 (12)
- curl lashes, apply mascara (i used Shiseido The Perfect Mascara (14).
- line the upper waterline with P2 Perfect Look! Kajal in 010 Black (13).
- apply false lashes (15) underneath your natural lashes, use THIS METHOD.
here you can see the glitter on the inner corners better, but in real it's much more sparkly
lips: i tried two different lip versions, you could probably see them as day/night-versions. which lip do you like better?
with Dior Rouge Dior in #298 Beige Indécise, a nude
a very dramatic combo with a longlasting lipcolor in hot red - Manhattan 44Q plus a shimmery red lipgloss - Rouge Bunny Rouge Gleaming Temptations Lipgloss in #46 Come Here, Sweetie
i have to say i much prefer the red-lip-version since it screams "party", the red really revives my complexion.