today i tried a more artistic makeup look, inspired by two of my favourite Rae's - Rae Chen from the Notice: a beauty blog (for the eye make up) and australian makeup artist Rae Morris (for the lips).
i wanted to do both elements from this FOTD since forever and a day, a liner-look and a glitter/duo-toned lip and i think it's wearable enough for an extravagant party. i think this makeup is at the same time edgy and puristic.
for the face:
foundation: i used Burberry Sheer Foundation in Trench No.4 (1), applied with the BeautyBlender (A) - this is not really a "brush-foundation"
contour: NARS Multiple Bronzer in Cap Vert (2) applied with MAC 109 brush (B)
blush: Guerlain Météorites Perles d'Or (3) from last year's holiday collection, applied with RMK Cheek Brush (D)
highlighter: Chanel Ombres Tissées in Beiges (4) applied with Hakuhodo G5537BkSL (C) onto the top of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow and everywhere you feel like
for the eyes:
brows: MAC Copperplate Eyeshadow (1) applied with Louise Young Brow Brush LY30 (A)
eye makeup: choose the design you like! it's really hard though, to get an even result on both eyes -.-
- i applied MAC Shroom Eyeshadow (2) all over the lid and the brow bone area with Tom Ford Eyeshadow Brush (B) to get an even canvas.
- for the liner, choose one that's really really smudgeproof on you! this is essential if you want to go out with this eye makeup. i started out with the K-Palette 1-Day-Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner (3) which is both extremely longlasting and extremely precise and easy to handle, but after i was done with one eye, the liner was used up so i had to finish the other side with a gel liner - i chose Catrice Gel Liner in Black Jack with Jack Black (4) and applied it with Hakuhodo K007 Eyeliner Brush (C). you could use a very pale, matte grey eyeshadow to trace a shape before you go in with deep, wuite unforgiving black liner, but i did it free-handed.
- then i applied Lancôme's Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara (5) and false eyelashes (6), this time the conventional way for a intended fake and OTT look.
- to play up the contrast between bare skin and stark liner even more, i drew a pale beige liner (7) onto the lower inner rim to brighten it - no mascara on the lower lashes, please!
for the lips:
- i used a longlasting lip colour in a dusty magenta shade (Manhattan Lips2Last 47R (1) as a base, applied it with Essence Eyeliner Brush (A)
- to deepen and brighten the colour i went over it with Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets (2) in L'Exuberante (a bright magenta) onto the heart of the lip and La Fascinante (a blood red) on the outer parts, also with the Essence Brush.
- then i dabbed a mix of MAC Naval Blue Pigment (3) and an intense pink pigment by Basic (4) onto the center of the upper lip.
- i dabbed some of Bare Minerals True Gold Eyeshadow (5) onto the center of the lower lip.
- finished with clear gloss by Bobbi Brown.
would you go out with a look like this ;) ?
i wish all of you a good start in the new year!