this was an absolutely spontaneous purchase for me, i never planned to get these (i always make to-buy/to-look-at-lists when the collection-previews come out). but then everybody on the virtual beauty world was so pleased with them, i had to give in.
the talk is about the Beauty Powders of MAC's recent Stylishly Yours collection. i ordered at douglas.de on dec 24th, and today the package arrived.
i saved some money with a 5€-off-code and because i purchased above 39€, i could use some GWP codes so i got some extra goodies .
- Estée Lauder Sumptous mascara sample (twice, i think it's just by oversight)
- Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Blacks mascara sample
- Lancome Trésor body lotion, 50ml
- Lancome Génifique serum sample
- Estée Lauder Perfectionist serum sample
- 5€ voucher for my next in-store purchase
now to the Beauty Powders:
i bought both, i couldn't decide. they come in a mirrored compact and contain 10g of product. each costs 22€, which i think is really reasonable in comparison to the Highlighters or MSFs.
Too Chic is a pale white gold with gold pearl and slight soft shimmers. it's a very fine powder that i would describe as a child of love if Perfect Topping MSF and NARS Albatross highlighter would pair. soooo beautiful!!! if Albatross is too yellow-gold for you, this would be perfect.
|Too Chic in natural lighting|
|Too Chic in comparison to similar highlighting powders|
- upper left: Lorac Perfectly Lit highlighter in Spotlight
- upper middle: MAC beauty powder in Too Chic
- upper right: NARS Albatross
- lower left: Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond
- lower right: MAC MSF in Perfect Topping
|thumb: Lorac Spotlight, index: MSF Perfect Topping, middle finger: MAC Too Chic, ring finger: Dior Amber Diamond, pinkie: NARS Albatross|
|swatched: MAC Too Chic as a strip on the upper part, second row: Lorac Spotlight - MAC MSF Perfect Topping - Dior Amber Diamond - NARS Albatross|
this is me wearing Too Chic, it's just amazing, doesn't emphasize pores or looks greasy. i wear it on the top of my cheeks and on my brow bone in this pic, i used the MAC 131 brush. i'm very happy i bought it.
Play It Proper is a pale icy pink with soft white pearl and almost no visible shimmer when applied. it's just as finely milled as Too Chic.
|Play It Proper in natural lighting|
|Play It Proper in artificial light|
|Play It Proper in comparison to other products|
compared to similar products:
- upper left: Clinique blush in Tuxedo Plum
- upper right: MAC Beauty Powder in Play It Proper
- lower left: MAC MSF in Blonde
- lower middle: MAC Blush in Well Dressed
- lower right: MAC MSF in By Candlelight
|thumb: light stripe of MAC Blonde - index: lightest stripe of Clinique Tuxedo Plum - middle finger: MAC Play It Proper - ring finger: MAC Well Dressed - pinkie: MAC By Candlelight|
|the two i find most alike - index: Clinique Tuxedo Plum - middle finger: MAC Play It Proper|
|MAC Play It Proper - MAC Blonde - MAC Well Dressed - MAC By Candlelight - Clinique Tuxedo Plum|