Dec 7, 2010

I'm digging powders! part II



today it's C - like Chanel!
i have two of their Poudre Universelle Libre's in use and a double perfection compact foundation i bought many years ago but don't use it anymore.



first is the loose powder in shade #20 - Clair. it is the lightest shade available in germany, a light  neutral, slightly yellow powder. it would suit people from about nc/nw 15 to nc/nw 25.
it is very finely milled and has some light reflecting particles in it,  but you don't notice them as such.
it just evens out your complexion, conceals large pores and enlightens your face with a healthy fairy-like glow. it never looks dull and doesn't take away too much of glowing foundations.
it is my favourite setting powder so far (i'm trying out the kanebo loose powder at the moment), because it keeps your skin look satiny quite a long time and handles oilyness very well.
it's not scented and didn't irritate my skin at all.
these days i apply it with a duo fibre brush and stipple it on my foundation just for a light dusting.
it houses in a big sturdy and heavy plastic jar, with a fixed sifter and a pouf (that isn't worth the "chanel" on it - it think. quality of this isn't amazing.)
30g of it will set you back about 41€, which is an amazing price for the amount you get!
you should definately take a look at it.


 this is the same loose powder but in shade #50 - Peche, which sadly is discontinued now. it is a peachy-yellowish powder, that would suit everyone about nc/nw 20 to anyone even much darker, because it has much more glow-particles in it. you could even use it as an subtle highlighter.
it has a pretty slight duochrome pinkish iridescent/opalescent sheen to it, so i like to use it on my cheeks over other blushes to give them a special twist. it's hard to capture on pics, so i don't have one yet which shows the pretty glow (but i'll try to make one to show you).
i don't use this powder all over, so these 30g should last me my whole life ;)


next time we'll do Guerlain (if there's no Dior jumping into my shopping bag inbetween)


2 comments:

  1. Why are you selling your chanel powder? I thought you liked it. I bought the powder because of this blogpost. Have you replaced the powder with something else? I'd like to know what powder is better than this one.
    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh? i don't sell my Chanel powder. i still really love it. i have a shimmery shade in my blogsale, it was a limited edition from last christmas. this particular one is just too shimmery for me to use all over the face.

      Delete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...