when i showed you the NARS blusher in Oasis few days ago, i mentioned how nice it would look with an intense gold eye make up but showed you the blusher worn with a normal working-day-face instead. so when i came home from work earlier yesterday, i played a bit with my stuff (i wanted to try the smokey gold eye with that berry/plum blush) and freshened up my existing make up with the above shown result.
this is what i used (and i applied in the order i show you):
|Vichy Aera Teint Pure Fluid Foundation in #23 + BeautyBlender|
|Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in #20 Clair + A'Squirrel Pure Squirrel Powder Brush|
|brows: MAC Copperplate eyeshadow + Louise Young LY30 + Alverde brow gel|
for the eyes i wanted a cat eye shaped rich gold look that blends up and fades seamlessly into my brow bone area and melt with a gold glowing complexion.
|MAC Retrospeck + Rouge Bunny Rouge Crease Brush - NARS Rajasthan duo + Hakuhodo Kokutan Brush T - Giorgio Armani Heat Palette + Paula Dorf Eye Glimmer Brush - Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow #6 + Da Vinci 4194 Small Blender|
|Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Black mascara sample|
- gold shade from Giorgio Armani Heat Palette on the lid with Paula Dorf Eye Glimmer Brush
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow #6 with Da Vinci 4194 Small Blender widely in the outer V
- gold taupe from NARS Rajasthan eyeshadow duo on the edge of the inner corners (this is a cool gold which avoids the look being too orange on me) with Hakuhodo Kokutan Brush T
- MAC Retrospeck with Rouge Bunny Rouge Crease Brush on the tearduct area and to blend up everything to the brow bone
- lower lashline: NARS Rajasthan gold along the lower lashline, gold shade from GA Heat palette as eyecatcher in the center.
- Edward Bess Luxury Eye Brush to blend everything out & together
if it's not gold enough for you, or if you need it to be more, add a sparkly gold pigment!
i dabbed Illamasqua's pigment in Ore with a MAC 242 on top of the whole eye look to intensify the effect - it was sooo sparkly and beautiful but i couldn't capture it in the gloomy daylight. (all face-shots are without the glitter pigment)
|Illamasqua pigment in Ore + MAC 242|
for the rest of the face:
- i used a bronzer on the sides of the face and the bridge of the nose to warm up my complexion and give me a bit of dimension
- a goldish highlighter buffed in on the top of my cheekbones, the cupid's bow and a bit on my forehead to give myself a golden glow
- a deep berry purple blush to contrast the gold and to balance the look
|Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in Daydream + Paula Dorf Powder Brush|
|Guerlain Terra Inca + Burberry Beauty Brush|
|NARS Oasis blush + A'Squirrel Pure Squirrel Blush Brush|
i wanted a glossy, intense gold lip, but since i don't own really gold lipglosses i used my all time fave MAC gloss again: Nymphette. it has a nice visible gold shimmer.
|MAC Nymphette Lipglass|