penultimate part of my Urban Decay Naked installment: today i will show you some looks you can do with this palette. i've only done looks with the palette's eyeshadows exclusively to show you its own versatility - but combined with colourful shades or other neutrals from your existing stash, the combinations maybe are endless ;)
i've been playing around with it a bit more in the last days and must come to the conclusion that all the shadows in there have a decent quality. initially i mourned about the matte shades a bit but after some eye make ups i must admit that they behave much better when they are used on the lid. the same applies to Creep - it's more pigmented when applied with a brush on my primed lid and provides an totally acceptable darkness to my eye looks.
still, the glitter fall out with Sidecar and Gunmetal is quite annoying.
as a little guide for the looks: swatches.
|first six shades in sunlight: Virgin - Sin - Naked - Sidecar - Buck - Half Baked|
|last six shades in sunlight: Smog - Darkhorse - Toasted - Hustle - Creep - Gunmetal|
now let's start with the looks!
#1 shimmery neutral
- Virgin as brow bone highlight
- Sin in the inner third of the lid
- Sidecar on the outer part of the lid and blended up
- Darkhorse in the crease
- Sidecar and Smog on the lower lashline.
- black winged liner.
#2 warm shimmery eyes
- Toasted all over the lid, blended up to the crease
- Hustle concentrated along the upper lashline, slightly blended into Toasted and a little bit on the outer corner of lower lashline
- Half Baked layered on Toasted in the inner corner and inner half of lower lashline
- Naked to blend the upper edge to the brow bone
#3 (mostly) matte and subtle
- Virgin on the brow bone
- Naked all over the lid to the crease
- Buck in the crease and outer corner
- Sin in the inner corner
- Sidecar on the lower lashline
- matte brown eyeliner on the upper lid (i used MAC Coffee)
#4 Gold and Steel
- Gunmetal on the lid, blended up to the crease and the outer corner of lower lashline
- Half Baked on the inner third of the lid, the inner corners and the inner half of lower lashline
- Creep on the outer corner of the lid
#5 matte & shimmery
- Naked all over the lid up to the crease
- Sin in inner corner feathered out widely and on inner third of lower lashline
- Smog used with a wet brush as a thick winged liner, starting in the middle of upper lid joining the lower lashline
#6 smokey brown
- Darkhorse all over the lid blended up to the crease
- Smog dabbed in the middle part of the lid and the outer half of lower lashline
- Half Baked dabbed in the most center of the lid near the lashline to add an gold eyecatcher and make the eye make up look more dimensional
- Creep on the outer corner
- Sin in the inner corner and inner half of lower lashline
what is your favourite look? do you like such eye make up posts or do they bore you?