Oct 8, 2011

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder


i have had this powder for months now, but never came to review it just because i'm absolutely underwhelmed by it. funnily enough, that's the case with many Laura Mercier products i've tried so far. i always see so many rave reviews for them, but with exception of Second Skin Cheek Colour in Orange Blossom (review) none of the LM products ever wowed me, and i tried quite a bunch.

the Translucent Loose Setting Powder comes in the normal LM tub with shimmery dark brown lid. it contains 30g of product which is in this case too much to go through ;) i bought it on ebay and paid about 26€.
the powder is very fine and smooth, it's a light yellowish cream colour and has a brightening effect that i think would appear as a white cast on deeper skin tones.
it sets foundations nicely but leaves me with a dull (but not totally matte) finish that i don't like for my powders. it doesn't contain any shimmer bits. this is not a bad powder by any means, but it's just not anything special. no refining effect, no glow (until few hours after application when it starts to melt into my natural oils).
even though this doesn't seem to contain bismuth, i still found it a bit itching on my skin when i wore it back in summer days.
the only thing worth mentioning is the excellent oil control ability when i wear it with Laura Mercier's Silk Crème Foundation (review). unfortunately this won't apply to combinations with other foundations. LM products just seem to work very well together, but i want to include excellent stuff into my make up routine, not only a hand full of mediocre products only because they work well together...
however, i haven't completely written off this brand, i still hope to someday, in some condition find them to work perfectly for me.


blended in


tihilw

no powder - with LM TLSP


ingredients: Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499.


5 comments:

  1. That's a shame. I have it and absolutely love it, but I have dry skin then. It's one of the few powders that doesn't leave my foundation/skin cakey. And it makes my makeup stay on all day :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw i'm sorry you don't like laura mercier products. they are my absolute favorite products to use for my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this as well and wasn't overly impressed. My elf HD Powder performs better, in fact, at a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hard part with these types of products is that you can't tell the difference before and after! At least I can! But itching? No way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A number of LM base products don't seem to work well on me too. It's a shame because many seem to love LM.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...