Jul 20, 2012

foundation overview #21: Le Métier de Beauté Classic Flawless Finish Foundation.



wow, no foundation post since over 8 months? i came to the conclusion that writing about things i'm most passionate about is the hardest for me (hence i'm delaying all the brush postings!). one struggles to find the most suitable expressions, minutely and rhetorically of the highest quality to describe the product the best way possible and to transfer the own sympathy for it to the reader.

well, let's not take this as an excuse anymore - otherwise you'll never going to find out about my Suqqu, Chikuhodo and Le Métier experiences ;) you'll just have to take what comes tumbling out of my fingertips.

as the first of a dozen new foundations and tinted moisturisers i want to introduce to you my current foundation obsession today: the Le Métier de Beauté Classic Flawless Finish Foundation.

i never heard much about this, their Peau Vierge ultra luxurious anti-aging tinted moisturiser is much more popular. but when Le Métier entered zuneta.com, i became curious about this foundation and looked for reviews on makeupalley.com. obviously those were so positive and promising that i took the plunge and purchased it.

here is what Le Métier promises:

"This luminous, silk formula adds warmth and brightens the skin, while evening out pigmentation. High-performance ingredient Nylon 12—a stretchy, elastic molecule that allows makeup to move with the skin, expands and contracts with your contours eliminating cracking and settling into fine lines on the skin. Simultaneously pampers the skin with Vitamin E to stimulate the health and production of new cells. The finely crafted, oil-free, liquid formula dries to a true skin finish and works well with sensitive skin."

i've been using this foundation for almost 3 months now and i.LOVE.it! it's my absolute favourite and i'm ambivalent between wanting to use it each and every day (and ignore my 2 drawers full of other great foundations, tinted moisturisers and BB-creams) and wanting to save up every single drop of it or even planning to back up on this (crazy, i know).

the LMdB CFFF comes in an iconic frosted glass bottle with a rubberized plastic cap and normal pump. it contains 1fl. oz. = 28,35g of product and costs 68$/£55/~70€.




online reviews and swatch pics on the internet were quite uncertain, i could have chosen shade 4 just as well, which seems a bit more yellow from various swatches, but in the end i went for shade 3 (described as "for fair skintones with neutral undertones" on Zuneta) for my NC20ish skin in MAC because i knew that too yellow foundations can make me look dull.
i'm so happy that i bought shade 3, it matches well and has a peachy undertone which makes me look extremely fresh and bright. it eliminates dullness just like an undereye corrector, but all over - without making me look like an apricot. i also noticed that i have to use less concealer on the undereye area with this since it already counteracts my dark circles.
unlike many other foundations with a peachy undertone, this one doesn't oxidise to a more orange shade on my skin, which is a big bonus.
uh, and i adore the fresh and soothing creamy scent of it! i could sniff it all the time - to me, this is how skin should smell ;)
it has a silky liquid consistency at first, but the more you spread it, the more it becomes creamy and emollient (i feel like that is the moment when it unfolds its magic and self-levels on your skin to an absolute even and smooth surface) before it sets to a soft satin finish.


one drop of: MAC Pro Longwear in NC20 - LMdB Classic Flawless Finish Foundation in III

LMdB Classic Flawless Finish Foundation freshly applied

LMdB Classic Flawless Finish Foundation 10 minutes after application


the time i started to try this i had quite oily skin with lots of redness and blemishes, enlarged pores and uneven texture. using mild chemical peels regularly, i then also suffered from flakiness and altogether i was just super unhappy with the appearance of my skin and how it didn't want to cooperate with my foundations as normally. many foundations felt a lot heavier than normal while they still couldn't create an even coverage and just sat on the surface quite obviously, giving me a cakey, flaky, old look.
but then this miracle foundation came to my rescue, and i'm grateful ever since. 1 pump of it was enough to even out my skin tone and create a smooth-skin-illusion, on "special occasions" i'd use 1 1/2 or 2 pumps for a high coverage and perfected complexion. the Le Métier de Beauté Classic Flawless Finish Foundation merges with my skin like no other and becomes a weightless silky veil that conceals any imperfections, unevenness or dull appearance. the finish is so ethereal (even better than Chanel Pro Lumière which i adored for the perfect finish it creates but which i don't use due to the bad staying power) that i could just stare at my foundation-face, completely stunned and with the permanent urge to touch my cheeks. it mimics beautiful, lush and healthy natural skin. the finish is not exactly dewy, but not "just" satin and it sets dry to the touch.
the great part is that this foundation actually lasts! it doesn't transfer, doesn't fade or get blotchy the whole day (8-10h) and stays as perfect as it started off. i only need to blot excess oil once after about 5-6 hours.
i have applied it with my fingers, the BeautyBlender and different types of brushes and i think the best way is with the Louise Young Super Foundation Brush. it creates such an amazingly flawless finish that i fell back in love with this brush all over, these two products work so perfectly together - i almost think they should be sold as a set ;) and if so, they should pack the Dior Capture Totale High Definition Radiance Loose Powder in it as well, because it's just the best to go with this foundation, believe me. the powder doesn't mess with the beautiful finish of the CFF foundation but it makes the skin even smoother and still looks astonishingly natural. my skin actually looks more delicate and fine after i put on this foundation/powder-combination than before (i struggle with "thick" skin), even up close in a magnifying mirror - no cakiness at all.


a match made in heaven: Louise Young Super Foundation Brush LMdB Classic Flawless Finish Foundation

+



= i'm lovin' it!



and finally, tihilw:

no foundation at all - with LMdB CFFF

some sharper DSLR pics where i was wearing the foundation

full face makeup



3 small downsides, though: there is no information about spf on it (EDIT: Elle told me in the comments that it has SPF 8, quite marginal though and probably only because of it's coverage ;) you'd definitely need other suncare with this) - it's quite expensive - it's not widely available here in europe (hence colour matching is quite difficult). BUT: zuneta.com offer samples of this, you can get them with each purchase but often they don't have all 12 shades at a time (i don't know if you can purchase the colour samples only).
i think this is a wonderful foundation, it holds up to its claims and then some. i have tried many great ones, but this foundation has that special something about it which lifts it up above the others, something i can't put my finger on even if i'd tell you the whole long day how good it is. and if i were to choose only 1 that i'm allowed to keep out of all my foundations, for now i wouldn't hesitate to name the Le Métier de Beauté Classic Flawless Finish Foundation.
as you can see, i'm raving about this foundation from the first line to the last. i love it, my skin loves it, my camera loves it. go try it!




ingredients




38 comments:

  1. Tolle Review! Ich habe mir vor Kurzem eine Foundation von ByTerry in diesem Preissegment bestellt und hoffe, ich werde davon so begeistert sein wie du von der lMdB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Cream! Ich bin schon gespannt auf dein Urteil über die ByTerry Foundation! Ich liebe ihre Hyaluronic Face Glow abgöttisch als Primer - werde dazu auch ganz bald ein paar Wörtchen schreiben ;)
      Bisher habe ich außer letztgenannten auch nur den Huf-förmigen Eyeshado-Pinsel von der Marke probiert, von dem ich gar nicht begeistert war, also begegne ich den Sachen noch mit etwas Skepsis.

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful on you!! Any tips on how to store foundations? I have a list of to-buy foundations but am afraid they will go bad before I use them up. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne! I always store my foundations in a dark, cool place where it doesn't get warmed up or hit by the sunlight, radiator etc. i keep them laying because i don't have enough space, but i'd rather store them standing up. i make sure that i give each of them a good shake from time to time (every 3-4 months?) to avoid them separating.

      Delete
  3. It looks really good, I´ve never tried this brand so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silvia, thank you for your comment! I really LOVE LMdB, i have never tried a product that i didn't liked! I'd really recommend you to try some products if you have the chance to.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lola! It's really gorgeous, maybe you could sample it from zuneta.com?

      Delete
    2. Luckily there are a few LMdB counters in Los Angeles- so it will be fairly easy to go find the perfect match-- and hopefully get a sample that will last a few days. I just think that this finish is extraordinary on you! You have most definitely help enable my LMdB obsession-- I just ordered a bunch of things and am eagerly awaiting their arrival!!! ;)

      Delete
    3. You lucky one! but i think i would go bankrupt if i lived near a LMdB counter ;) what did you order?

      Delete
    4. It is more dangerous than anything!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review, I'm definitely interested in this foundation. Could you tell me how it compares to the rouge bunny rouge foundation? I love the RBR one, so if the LMDB is better, I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! The RBR is a very good foundation, but in comparison i prefer the LMdB. The RBR foundation is creamier and feels like it contains more powder pigment than the LMdB, which is silkier and more light-weight. The RBR is higher coverage but also not as natural as the LMdB. At least in my shade, the RBR is a lot more yellow than the LMdB (i wear Almond Milk Parfait).
      hth!

      Delete
  6. I just checked Bergdorf's listing of the foundation on their website, and this is what it says with regard to SPF:
    "Protects skin from harmful UVA/UVA rays with SPF 8."

    So not exactly PA+++, but if you have an SPF product as your base, then I guess it's not really an issue! :)

    And I have to agree with you that the finish is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this helpful information, Elle! I'll edit it into my post. I think the spf of 8 is just due to the coverage/colour pigments contained, and quite low so it's almost not mention-worthy ;)

      Delete
  7. Great review - thank you.

    If you have time could you say how it compares to the sisley foundation that you reviewed before? I like that foundation but it can be a little drying in winter. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!

      Actually, those two foundations are quite similar, the LMdB is a bit creamier and more moisturising. it also has a slightly glowier finish and is even better in refining skin texture than the Sisley Phyto Teint Éclat.

      Delete
  8. I wear the same shade as you and also love this foundation! I have a couple in rotation and have worn the LMdB one for a couple years. I usually use my fingers for a lighter overage. It's a great product. Have you tried LMdB Peau Vierge? It is a great pre-foundation treatment w Retinol. You would probably wear Shade 2 in PV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear another fan of this foundation! I would love to - and definitely will - try the Peau Vierge someday ;) Thank you for the colour recommendation, so I won't have to look it up when I'm ready to buy it. Maybe the regular tinted moisturiser as well since this foundation got me hooked. I've never used Retinol before, though, so I might want to get into it slowly with skincare.
      Next on my list are the Chantecaille Just Skin, some Koh Gen Do and the Suqqu Frame Fix for now ;)

      Delete
    2. I also wear Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in PK-2. It has a similar feel and texture as LMdB, perhaps a bit lighter coverage, but made for HD. I think you would like it. Color wise, it is neutral without yellow undertones. It is my other love! I also have RBR in Almond Milk Parfait. It is quite yellow on me, but nicely covers any redness. May try a different shade since I like its mousse-like feel.

      Delete
    3. that sounds promising! have you also tried the Moisture Foundation?
      i also find the RBR a bit too yellow for me now. i usually apply a slightly pink powder over it to even out the shade.

      Delete
    4. I do the same with the RBR! A little pink compensation helps -- either powder, highlighter, or blush. No, I haven't tried the KGD moisture foundation. My Barney's MUA said that it required more work. I love the Aqua Fdn.

      Delete
    5. you make me really want to try the KGD Aqua fdt! I'll have to order it soon :)

      sometimes i'd also mix the RBR fdt with Hourglass Veil Foundation as that one is a bit too dark and red-toned for me at the moment but has a similar moussy formula.

      Delete
  9. This one sounds lovely! I'm surprised that it controls oil so well--I must DEFINITELY check this one out.

    And you have 2 DRAWERS full of base products?!? Goodness girl! I'm so jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Becca!
      i am a bit insane for having so many base products, but since you are jealous of this fact but don't condemn me, i see you are a fellow ;)

      Delete
  10. I think this is the best foundation i saw on you,perfect color match,finish and same color with your neck. congratulation! Amalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,Thanks so much for the review. Love your blog. COngratulations on becoming a doctor.
    I recently bought the Guerlain Gold foundation and love it for its coverage and glowiness and color match. I did not like the Lancome Teint miracle only for the fact that it was sheer, and since my skin is not perfect, I preferred Guerlain Gold over it. How does Le Metier de beaute flawless foundation compare to Guerlain gold in terms of coverage, glowiness and flawlessness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Meena!
      comparing them two i find the Guerlain foundation to be creamier, more nourishing. the coverage of LMdB is not as high as the Parure Gold, but higher than Lancome Teint Miracle. it also sets to a drier finish but with the same luminosity. the result is more flawless than Guerlain Parure Gold and is longer lasting.

      Delete
  12. I really need this!!! Also the new YSL touche eclat foundation that is amazing, and I just bought Lingerie de Peau LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you're just as much a foundation-junkie as i am :D i want to try the Touche Eclat foundation as well, but also the original Touche Eclat since i never tried it!

      Delete
  13. Hi, Thanks so much for the review. I exchanged my Guerlain Gold foundation for this. I am waiting for it in the mail.Figuring out what color/shade I should be is so daunting a task. I chose 7. Hopefully it matches NC35.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pleaseeee tell me what lipstick/lipgloos you used in the full face makeup picture!!! Im in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zara! do you probably mean the dark lippie? (because i don't remember the light one ;P)
      the vamp-lip is YSL Glossy Stain in #1 Violet Edition, i reviewed it here:
      http://delicatehummingbird.blogspot.de/2012/07/ysl-vernis-levres-glossy-stain-1-violet.html


      hope that helps ;)

      Delete
    2. tnx so much!I am new to your amazing blog and had the idea to search it in your lippies reviews just after I wrote this comment lol

      Delete
    3. great! i hope you enjoy browsing around on my blog ;)

      Delete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...